I’m planning a reunion of all my handywoman helpers in December of 2018. We’ll reminisce about the tasks we’ve completed and what we learned along the way. Some of my helpers will get to meet their “coworkers” in person for the first time. I’m hoping I get to meet everyone’s current significant other. Perhaps I will have met them already. Perhaps not.
In reality, my house will never be “done,” but December, 2018, seems like a fine cutoff to celebrate our accomplishments to-date. It took over 20 years for my house to deteriorate to its present state. I certainly hope it doesn’t take me 20 years to recover.
I’m planning to award prizes to all of my helpers for their dedication and hard work throughout the years. The prizes will be distributed by category. Right now I’m planning these categories, but I give myself license to change them numerous times before December, 2018. (The process itself won’t be democratic — I’ll be the sole judge and jury.)
- Dirtiest project (Removing 30 years of squirrel poop from my tile roof and our bras presently tops the leader board.)
- Longest running task (hands-down, the courtyard!)
- Most creative project (Hopefully, this will be a difficult category to judge. Current leader is the driftwood planter.)
- Most complicated project (Oh dear — this is going to be difficult to judge, too.)
- Most boring task (Unavoidable, at times, I’m afraid.)
- And on it goes …
And what prize will the winner of each category receive? Suffice it to say, it will be pink, it’s wearable, it’s expandable (just in case someone shows up pregnant), and absolutely every one of my helpers will know how to use it.
Did you know that you can help make this party and the prizes possible? If you see an ad of interest on my site, just click on it and PinkToolBelted.com earns money. It’s that simple. You don’t even need to buy anything (although that certainly helps).
To learn the backstory of hiring handywoman helpers, click here.
To see my sample handywoman helper ad, click here.
To see a sample handywoman helper questionnaire, click here.